ALDIS signalling lamp complete with 12V bulb
The FRANCIS FSP 127 (MKV) signalling lantern fulfils the requirements of the SOLAS (1997) Regulations, which states that “all ships of over 150 tons gross tonnage, when engaged on International voyages, shall have onboard an efficient daylight signalling lamp which shall not be solely dependant upon the ship’s main source of electrical power”.
The 127mm (5”) handheld signalling light can be used on all vessels, for ship to ship signalling using Morse Code.
The light is of aluminium, lightweight construction and is fully waterproofed.
If desired this unit can be used as a spotlight if the signalling trigger and lamp switch are both left on.
The Francis Signalling Lantern is approved by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA.)
• Capable of maximum daylight signalling range of 8 miles.
• Beam divergence of 5°.
• Transmission rate of 12 words per minute can be achieved.
• Light reduction & coloured filters provide control of light output as required.
• 5.5 metres of supply cable fitted as standard. Stowage Box (Aluminium)
• All aluminium construction fitted with a super purity aluminium parabolic reflector.
• Tubular and V sights are fitted as standard • Handle mounted switch to operate the lantern.
• Signals made by triggering the tubular shutter which interrupts the light from the reflector.
• Semi gloss black stoved enamel paint finish.