Chemical Protective Clothing – Types.
Tessimax offers various solutions in a (unique) modular system for the respective NBC operations that require special (chemical) protective clothing:
- Work and rescue measures in the immediate danger area with a very high risk potential (type 1, e.g. VS5 and VS 20 series)
- Measurement and monitoring tasks at the border to the danger area with manageable risk potential (type 2 and 3, e.g. ESK series S3-S5 PE)
- Tasks with low risk potential, for example decontamination (type 3-6, e.g. ESK series ESK 1 PE, ESK 1 T plus, ESK 1 T)
Chemical Protective Clothing – Applications.
Tessimax produces chemical protection suits for fire brigades, chemical protection suits with integrated full face masks for industry and the military, suits with forced ventilation, exercise suits, contamination protection suits for fire brigades and nuclear facilities, light chemical protection clothing for industry and civil authorities (THW, police, fire and disaster control).
Chemical Protective Clothing – Standards.
The protective suits are described and approved in the European standard (DIN EN 943-1-2) with its “Performance requirements for gas-tight (type 1) chemical protective suits for emergency teams (ET)”. DIN EN 943-2 – as well as the national BG rule 189 “Use of protective clothing”, to which CSA often refers – distinguishes between:
- Type 1a (breathing air supply carried inside)
- Type 1b (external breathing air supply)
- Type 1c (only approved for industry, with permanent forced ventilation)
Furthermore, the protective suits are divided in terms of frequency of use:
- Protective suits Protective suits for limited use.