Chemical Protective Clothing – Types.
We offer various solutions in a (unique) modular system for the respective NBC operations that require special (chemical) protective clothing:
- Work and rescue measures in the immediate danger area with a very high risk potential (type 1, e.g. VS5 and VS 20 series)
- Measurement and monitoring tasks at the border to the danger area with manageable risk potential (type 2 and 3, e.g. ESK series S3-S5 PE)
- Tasks with low risk potential, for example decontamination (type 3-6, e.g. ESK series ESK 1 PE, ESK 1 T plus, ESK 1 T)
Chemical Protective Clothing – Applications.
We produce chemical protection suits for fire brigades, chemical protection suits with integrated full face masks for industry and the military, suits with forced ventilation, exercise suits, contamination protection suits for fire brigades and nuclear facilities, light chemical protection clothing for industry and civil authorities (THW, police, fire and disaster control).
Chemical Protective Clothing – Standards.
The protective suits are described and approved in the European standard (DIN EN 943-1-2) with its “Performance requirements for gas-tight (type 1) chemical protective suits for emergency teams (ET)”. DIN EN 943-2 – as well as the national BG rule 189 “Use of protective clothing”, to which CSA often refers – distinguishes between:
- Type 1a (breathing air supply carried inside)
- Type 1b (external breathing air supply)
- Type 1c (only approved for industry, with permanent forced ventilation)
Furthermore, the protective suits are divided in terms of frequency of use:
- Protective suits Protective suits for limited use.
However, the “universal weapon” of the fire brigade is the reusable (or also “heavy”), gas-tight chemical protection suit CSA type 1a (e.g. VS5 and VS 20 series) with an internal breathing air supply (e.g. forced ventilation systems of the “F-AU 1” series). It protects the emergency services against the most dangerous substances. In addition to the greatest possible chemical and mechanical resistance, these models also withstand jets of flame and cryogenic substances.
Choose your chemical protection suit from the different type classes.