SAF-ACID descaling compound is a special blend of sulfamic acid, wetting agent and color indicator. The wetting agent enhances the action of the sulfamic acid in removing deposits by its surface-active cleaning properties. The color indicator provides a simple means for determining whether the strength of the SAF-ACID solution is adequate for effective, efficient cleaning.
SAF-ACID is recommended for removing mineral scale deposits from evaporators, heat exchanger heat transfer surfaces, and boilers. It is also effective in removing iron deposits when used in combination with salt. SAF-ACID descaling compound is effective in removing shell growth from seawater heat exchangers
- Free-flowing acid powder
- Contains a corrosion inhibitor
- Contains a wetting agent
- Contains a color indicator
- Quick removal of scale
- Easy to store
- Easily soluble in water
- Does not require equipment disassembly resulting in shorter down time.
- Minimizes metal attack during cleaning
- Can be used in most shipboard systems
- Penetrates light, organic film
- Easy determination of solution strength
- Does not require special test apparatus