FERROCLEAN cleaning treatment is a unique, patented, highly effective water-based cleaner containing penetrating, dissolving and dispersing agents. FERROCLEAN removes, dissolves and disperses iron oxide deposits from diesel cooling water systems while providing a temporary passivating film to protect the base metal from corrosion.
FERROCLEAN was developed as an enhanced alternative to traditional acid based cleaners used for iron oxide removal. Iron fouling in cooling water systems can negatively affect the overall operation of the system resulting in reduced operating efficiency, increased maintenance costs and downtime as well as shortened equipment life.
FERROCLEAN effectively removes iron oxides without the hazards of handling or subjecting the system metallurgy to metal loss associated with using strong acid solutions.
FERROCLEAN can also loosen and disperse light organic debris or light mineral scale trapped in the iron oxide deposits. Depending on the type and amount of organic deposits or mineral scale present, a traditional precleaning, using an alkaline or an acid cleaner, may have to be considered prior to using FERROCLEAN
- Water-based cleaner
- Penetrates and disperses deposits
- Patented formulation
- No objectionable odor
- Contains emulsifiers and dispersing agents
- Contains antifoam
- Easily disperses in water
- Decreases maintenance costs
- Increases equipment life
- Increases operating efficiency
- Dissolved deposits will not redeposit
- Effective removal of oxides
- Safe for use on aluminum, brass, copper, mild steel, and stainless steel
- Protects metallurgy from corrosion after cleaning
- Prevents flash rusting
- Can be used where there is light oil contamination or mineral scale trapped in the iron oxide deposits
- Low foam
FERROCLEAN cleaning treatment is available in 25-liter pails (PCN 6675401)