The Crewsaver Immersion Suit is purpose designed to meet the following IMO/SOLAS regulations and is fully approved.
- Can be unpacked and donned, including warm inner clothing and a lifejacket, within two minutes.
- Is made from fire retardant neoprene.
- Covers the whole body except the face.
- Minimises trapped air.
- Withstands a jump into water from 4.5m.
- A typical wearer’s core body temperature should not drop by more than 2°C after six hours in calm water of 0-2°C.
- Meets various mobility & dexterity requirements, ensuring casualties can assist themselves.
The Crewsaver Immersion Suit has been carefully designed and constructed to ensure ease of use and maximum protection:
- Manufactured from 5mm double lined fire retardant neoprene. Provides good insulation and resistance to oil, sunlight and seawater.
- Each suit is supplied in it’s own carry bag with donning instructions, and is quick and easy to put on.
- Complete with a one piece durable metal zip and ankle adjusters.
- The suit is designed to minimise the possibility of air being trapped inside.
- This eliminates the need for vent valves which add to the cost of other designs and require additional servicing.
- All seams are glued and blind stitched to ensure waterproofness. Critical areas are also taped for additional reinforcement. The foot sole is reinforced.
- Neoprene face seals, gloves, mouth and nose mask for a secure seal and added comfort.
- The integral gloves are five fingered for greater dexterity and there is an additional overglove for extra insulation which is stowed in its own sleeve pocket.
- Safety aids include: SOLAS grade retro-reflective tape on head, chest, arms, and back. Whistle. Buddy line stowed in sleeve pocket. An optional 50mm nylon strop with a stainless steel D ring can also be fitted as can an approved lifejacket style light.
- Three sizes available
Testing and Approvals
All Crewsaver Immersion Suits are individually tested before they leave the factory and are fully approved IMO/SOLAS by Lloyds Register.